QuizMay 6, 2008
Additionally, several right answers in our questions that require detailed explanations would be elucidated by our columnist, S. Vishwanath, for giving you a better perspective of the subject and making you understand the core issues involved.
1) In an average year how much rain does Bangalore receive, approximately? a) 200 mm.
b) 600 mm.
c) 900 mm.
2) This means that a 30 x 50 feet site in a year receives: a) 10,000 litres of rainwater.
b) 40,000 litres of rainwater.
c) 1,35,000 litres of rainwater.
3) The water tariff for industries in Bangalore is the highest in India. It is: a) Rs. 100 a kilo-litre.
b) Rs 60 a kilo-litre.
c) Rs 10 a kilo-litre.
4) A kilo-litre is a) 100 litres of water.
b) 1 million litres of water.
c) 1,000 litres of water.
5) Rajasthan has the largest drought-prone area in India. The second largest is: a) Tamil Nadu.
6) Most villages in Karnataka depend on groundwater. The extent of dependence is close to a) 52 %
7) A fast dripping tap leaks how many litres in a day? 5 litres
ANSWERS: 1-c; 2-c; 3-b; 4-c; 5-c; 6-c;7-c