Rainwater qualityOctober 9, 2006
Big questions arise when it comes to rainwater quality. Is it potable? Is there not acid rain? Will it not ‘spoil’ if kept for some days? What about worms? Is it not too soft without minerals? Do we not get a cold if we drink rainwater?
The experts too are a bit confusing on this front.Here is my take.
In all cases check rainwater for potability before consuming. The precautionary principle applies with rainwater too. If in doubt don’t. Our checks seem to suggest that except for Maximum Possible number (MPN), which suggests a bit of bacteria but not of the faecal kind, all other parameters permit drinking. We drink the rain and enjoy it BUT we take care to keep the catchment clean and the filters and the storage tank too.
What do you think?